JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Anatomy and Physiology

I finally got a chance last night to go up to the school during my "off" hours and do some work in the lab. I dont have any official lab assignments, per se....But it is absolutely necessary to get your hands on each of the models in order to know all the required structures. One of my misconceptions with this class was that it was just a matter of will in memorizing names of bones, muscles, organs and so forth. And that is true, to a point. But the good news for me is that I have to spend just as much time in the lab "hands on" in order to understand function and location.

Some people are auditory learners. They can listen to a lecture and "get" the required information necessary to be successful in the classroom. Some folks are visual learners. They can read and look at diagrams and understand the text and scope of the class. Then there are the tactile or kinesthetic learners. That would be me. I find it very helpful, if not absolutely a requirement to touch and feel out the structure...play with it. Break it. Put it back together. (hopefully with the same number of parts as before I got my hands on it!) Learning anatomy and physiology has become more of a delight than drudgery.

The test is next week. I feel pretty good about it right now...but we will see how the week progresses. Did I mention we will be in Dallas over the weekend? Some dear friends from church are treating us to a Rangers baseball game. I am looking forward to spending some time with Karen while we travel northward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home