JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Words

I love words. Short words. Skinny words. Fat words. Words that roll off the tongue just so. I will share a few of my all time favorites.

1. Nicaragua (Gotta use an over the top Spanish accent for this one to work.)

2. Brilliant (Emphasize the "ll's" in the word.)

3. Faboo (a Jennism......being better than fabulous.)

4. Serendipity (This word is a double whammy for me. The sound of the word in addition to its meaning. Wowzers!)

5. Sassafras (If Scott would let me, I would give my child this name. Maybe I can trade Sassafras for Augustine. Hmmmmm.)

6. litigious (I like using this along with the word "particularly" in front of it. It sounds very deliberate.)

7. chagrin

8. snarky (I have professed my love for this word before.)

9. frantic (Just hearing the word makes my heart be a little quicker.)

10. delicious ( the "shhh" sound within the word does something for me. )

11. indubitably ( you have to say this word twice, in rapid succession. "Indubitably, Indubitably!!)

12. surreptitious

13. effervescence ( I envision myself floating in a flute of champagne when I say this word.)

14. snigger (say it with an English accent a la Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.)

15. incommunicado

16. modicum

17. joie de vivre (I think the sound of the word has the meaning etched into it)

18. reprobate (Thanks for teaching me this word, Wes! You are my favorite reprobate.)

19. sommelier (Using this word makes me feel cultured, even when I buy an $8 bottle of wine.)

20. fantabulous (Another Jennism-Fantastic and Fabulous!! At the same time!!)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    I never knew of a sommelier that offered wine valued at $8/bottle!! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home