JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Projectile Vomiting

Im sure I could come up with a nice, cerebral post on the following subject. But I need to get this out of my system.

I dont give a damn about Cameron and Justin or their potential wedding date.

I dont give a flying phuck about Paris Hilton, the freeloader she is dating or how "HOT" he is.

I dont need to hear how much money some famous skinny bitch spends on pet luggage.

It doesnt interest me if Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are having an affair.

My eyebrow is not raised if Demi and Ashton are the "it" couple these days.

Britney Spears' ovulation schedule does not concern me.

Madonna's newest religious convert doesnt impress me.

Im sure the new chick in Tom Cruise's bed is a nice girl, but dont give me the details.

Is Paula on pills?? The bottle??? BOTH????

Offer me all the money in the world and I will never allow my children to hang out with Michael Jackson.

Our culture of celebrity is disgusting. I dont consciously pay attention to this stuff, and this is how much I know. Heaven knows how much drivel I would have accumulated had I been looking for it.

Blech. I need to wash out my mouth.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Rann said…

    I take it you won't be watching Entertainment Tonight any time soon.. or the new Entertainment hour on Headline News.

    By the way, puck does not have an 'h' in it!! LOL.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    I'm with you on everything except the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes info. Now that's exciting! Katie = yummy.

    By the way, did you see Lindsay Lohan's new blonde do? Fabulous!

    (Hey, I work in the news. I could also let you in on some cool footage of squirrels water-skiiing. FAN-tastic.)

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Possum said…

    Ditto. I too have a life and could care less.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Who are you to insinuate that I have no life, just because I watch 7 hours of Entertainment Tonight weekly; plus 125 hours of other great entertainment on my TV.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    I'm with you Jenn! I'm disgusted with myself everytime i buy one of those magazines ;)

    Steph & I were at Meijer & noticed that every magazine had Angelina & Brad Pitt on the cover in one form or another! Either on a beach in Africa trying to get privacy, a faked picture of them stuck together so they look like they are on a beach together, pics of them dancing from their new movie. And the worst part is that some had a little box of poor Jennifer Aniston giving a dirty look their way. :/

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    Leave it to me to note that our culture's infatuation of celebrities has theological meaning. Celebrities have become idols that people worship; perhaps not in the literal sense of prayer and liturgy, but certainly in the sense of time. The reason all of these Entertainment Tonight and Star magazine media outlets make so much money and spend so much money funding paparazzi is because there such a big audience paying for all of this. And that reflects a society of people who worship humanity rather than their Creator. And celebrities have become our representatives of humanity because of their high profile and ubiquitous presence on television, film, and print.

    OK, I'll stop there. Have a good day.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Um, okay, I don't know about all that, but I do know that Katie Holmes has nice boobies. And that I have a non-sexual male crush on Johnny Damon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home