JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Friday, March 04, 2005

Yay, me!

I got on the scales the other day. I was concerned that it was wrong. Scott sometimes gets excited and moves the dial back a couple of pounds. But nope. It appears to be correct. I am closing in on 160lbs!! Since you are all sweet, kind family members, I'm sure you didn't notice me inching up and inching out. . .Or at least you didn't say anything. Since I have had all the issues with my shoulder, I have gained about 35lbs. As of Christmas of 2003, I was at 190lbs. On my frame, it wasn't healthy, nor was it attractive. I had started to notice that I needed elastic in the waistband of the new pants I was buying. And when I got up in the mornings, my feet hurt from the extra pounds. I think that is when the bell rang and I decided it was time to do something. The real challenge I faced was not being able to fully engage in any activity due to my still injured shoulder. Most folks will (thankfully) never realize how valuable that socket is!!! The point of this post is to share my excitement about dropping some weight and increasing my health!! Especially after realizing the heredity issues with blood pressure and other heart risk factors. Eat your greens!!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    yeah Jenn!!!

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    That's great, Jenn. Stick with it, and abandon all Little Debbies, ye who enter the supermarket!

    As usual, do what I say, not what I do.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Congratulations Jenn! Aren't you going to give us some pointers, though? :)

    Love - Stephanie

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    Yay hopefully you can help me lose my extra baby weight!! Let's motivate each other!! What diet are you going to try?

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger steven.russell said…

    I need help losing my extra baby wieght too! From both my kids. Never mind I didn't give birth to them or that they are 7 and 4.

    Congrats and pass along some tips to those of us still in Chubbyland.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home