JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

An Exercise in Narcissism

I was sitting around today waiting for a phone call that never came. I've been expecting to hear back about a job since last week, and starting to lose hope. So, as I contemplate this reality, I begin to get a little droopy. So, my optimistic side comes out of hiding and I decide to make a list of all the songs I know that were written just for me. You guys have had folks write songs about you before, right? You hear the song, and go, "Gee, that song is SOOOOO about me!!" Well, below is a short list of those songs about me. Don't try to tell me that some of those lyrics were written before I was a sparkle in my daddy's eye. That does not matter. They are about me. So there.

Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
Short Skirt, Long Jacket (Cake)
She's Got a Way (Billy Joel)
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (The Police)
Something in the Way She Moves (James Taylor)
Mysterious Ways (U2)
Secret Smile (SemiSonic)
Witchy Woman (Eagles)
Simply Irresistible (Robert Palmer)
Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)


I am sure there are more. Feel free to post which songs you think were written for me. Or, since I am feeling more benevolent than at the beginning of this post, share with us the songs that were written for YOU.

Eric Russell, you cannot claim, "Disco Duck" or "Desperado" for yourself. Sorry. ;)~

14 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    {humming} one of these things, is not like the other, one of these things, is not the same {end humming}

    Witchy Woman? Are you checking to see if we're paying attention? LOL

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Raven hair,
    Ruby Lips
    Sparks fly from her fingertips

    Come on!!! That is a perfect line!!!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Hmmm, I was going to go with these classic 80s tunes, but yours work, too. Maybe I'll use them for myself:

    Love is a Battlefield
    Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody
    Theme from "The Greatest American Hero"
    Everybody Wants to Rule the World
    Private Dancer
    Smooth Operator
    Tainted Love
    Don't Stop Believin'

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Too sexy for my shirt?????

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    Back in the 80's they called me Dr. Feelgood.

    Yeah, right.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    Get Back by The Beatles?
    "Sweet loretta martin thought she was a woman But she was another man
    All the girls around her say she’s got it coming
    But she gets it while she can" ;)

    How about Bigmouth Strikes Again by The Smiths?

    Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
    When I said I’d like to smash every tooth
    In your head

    "Oh ... sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking
    When I said by rights you should be
    Bludgeoned in your bed.....
    Bigmouth, la ... bigmouth, la ...
    Bigmouth strikes again
    I’ve got no right to take my place
    In the human race"

    bwahahahahahahaha i could go on!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger steven.russell said…

    Ice, Ice Baby
    The Theme To The Cosby Show
    The Theme To The Smurfs
    Itsy Bitsy Spider

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger steven.russell said…

    Ice, Ice Baby
    The Theme To The Cosby Show
    The Theme To The Smurfs
    Itsy Bitsy Spider

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Jenn, since you're out of pocket driving to Arkansas and Tennessee this weekend, some more songs to fit you:

    On the Road Again
    Little Deuce Coupe
    Mustang Sally
    King of the Road
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Carefree Highway
    Country Roads (Take Me Home)

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Eric C said…

    1973-Oct 2002:
    Sleeping Single in a Double Bed--Barbara Mandrell
    Oct 2002-present:
    Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey Band

    Now, in the interest of Steve, I must duplicate my post and type this again.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Eric C said…

    1973-Oct 2002:
    Sleeping Single in a Double Bed--Barbara Mandrell
    Oct 2002-present:
    Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey Band

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Rann said…

    All right, I know you are back in town!! So write!!! I would love to read your thoughts on living in Waco and in Texas!! The people; the diversity; the traditions; etc.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Maybe she just needs inspiration. Drive over to Crawford again and see what the Prez is up to, hang out with the First Lady.

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Shimmer is probably my favorite rock song. Ever.

    There is just something about that tune and the time it came out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home