JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Friday, March 04, 2005

Another day, another nickel

I've been on the job search again. Yesterday I went on an interview with a pharmaceutical company and I think it went well. I've been burned so many times in this weird Waco market, that I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Today, I had a phone interview for a company I've been pursuing for almost a year now. I will have a face to face meeting with him early next week. This is the one I am very excited about. It is a sales job for a hospice organization. Based on the time I spent at the hospital with my dad and the experience I had fresh out of college as a chaplain, I think this is the perfect combination of my passions. Being able to truly affect someone's life in a positive manner and make money doing it. Basically, I would be calling on nursing homes, oncology units, etc and creating relationships with physicians and families to help educate them on the value of hospice and end of life palliative care. Its kind of a downer if you think about it, but it is pretty interesting. Hopefully I will be on my way to be a productive member of society and contribute to the family budget.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Productive member of society? Overrated.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Well, I would tend to agree. . . but having a paycheck is NOT overrated.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I hope the job works out for you, Jenn.

    --Steph

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    wow that does sound like a great job for you Jenn :) I could see you forming really meaningful relationships with these people! Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home