JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Dad Update

Hey guys,

I got a phone call from Jason before we got home from church. Dad went back to the hospital today complaining of not being able to breathe.

Once I talked to Jason later this afternoon, I found that Dad had been admitted for congestive heart failure and pneumonia. I don't know what this means right now. Darlene came home from Jonesboro, and will go back in the morning to be with him during all the tests. Hopefully we will know more after those are complete.

From the research I've already done, CHF is a treatable situation, and not necessarily a death knell. It is still scary. I thought I had come to terms with the idea of the death of my father after coming so close to it during the depth of winter. Now, I am not so sure. I thought I had let go of some of those old hurts and relinquished the hold they had on me for so long. Things unsaid. Affirmation not given. Love withheld. I'm now feeling regret again, and I can't pinpoint the source.

I foresee another season of soul searching for Jennifer.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I'm sorry to hear that your dad is back in the hospital. I can't even imagine what you're going through, especially having the emotional baggage from the past mixed in with the emotions that come from his being sick. I can't imagine ever being ready for a death. When Bill's grandfather died, and he'd had cancer for a long time and we knew it was coming, I felt like I got hit in the stomach. I love you and I'm thinking about you and Scott and I know you can get through it together. Love, Stephanie

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Jenn, I'm sad to hear that your father is going through more physical problems. Stay strong, and keep the faith. Love you!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    I'm sorry your father is ill again Jennifer. I hope he recovers fully soon (((( ))))

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger steven.russell said…

    I will keep your dad in my prayers. I know how scary it is dealing with the heart and a parent. Stay strong and let people know if they can help you. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Lots of love!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home