JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Friday, February 25, 2005

Morning dreaming

I want to win the lottery. I want to roll in cash. I want to enjoy looking at fine art and sculptures around my Mediterranean styled home. I want to drive around in luxury. I would be very generous, surely. I wouldn't mind bestowing lots of moolah on my relatives. Creating educational trust funds for all the new nieces and nephews. Writing a fat check to our church. Bequeathing an enormous amount of money to a worthy cause: Paying off all the parents' mortgages. Aww, hell. . .How about the siblings' mortgages, too!! While I am at it. . .Nana could use a new place. I think I want a commissioned painting of the whole family. Wouldn't that be nice?? The Rushing Family Scholarship at Belmont. Maybe a sweet little bench at Vanderbilt with our name on it. In the shade of a magnolia tree right over by the Divinity school.

The truth is. . .I do desire to do all this stuff for my family. . .But mostly. Right this minute, I want a housekeeper. What a crazy indulgence! It's not that I don't have the time to clean the house. I just don't like doing it. I know. That is a horrible thing for an unemployed woman to say, but its the gawd awful truth. Wish me luck on winning the lottery. I think that is the only way I'm gonna be able to justify a maid. Actually, wish me more luck on getting the house clean.

Tell me I am not a messy, dirty person. Go ahead.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger stacy said…

    i can't say you aren't "dirty" but i don't think you're messy! and hey if i win the lottery i'll get you a maid ;)

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    Jenn,

    All you have to do is find a job bringing in some serious cash, and we can afford a maid once or twice a week. No problem. :)

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    I'd hire a housekeeper, but then she'd show up in that sexy French maid outfit and all bets are off. Or I'd get someone like Alice who meddles in my business and that's none of hers!

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Scott, you are SO in trouble.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Don't stop on us now, Jenn! You were on a roll last week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home