JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Back in the Gym

After a long hiatus, I decided to hit the gym again. I have stayed limber over the past several months, but not much aerobic movement. When you are depressed, its tough to get up out of the bed to even clean house or cook dinner, let alone work out. I re-started my ADD medicine today after about 2 months off of it-and noticed a difference almost immediately. I think that is part of the reason I felt motivated to get back to the elliptical machine. I plugged in the iPod and ran for 30 minutes and then lifted weights, concentrating on my arms and shoulders.

Its like a smile. Excercising is contagious. I look forward to seeing some results. It makes me feel like I have a small modicum of control in my life. Ha. I wonder if that is just a joke on me!!

Strangely, after the short amount of time in the gym, I am already craving some celery sticks and cucumber wafers with (lite) ranch dressing. What can I say? When I get on the health bandwagon, it is with both feet.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Good on ya, Jenn. Exercising is a natural high, and after a good workout, there's nothing like it. I go to the gym five days a week and if I miss a day I feel awful. I can't imagine not staying with the program.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    Congrats Jenn & I'm glad you're feeling better today :) I reallllly need to follow your lead!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    by the way, Jenn did get her celery sticks and carrots. :)

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Good luck, Jenn!!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    So? How's it coming?

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    I wanna know too! I'm putting Jenn on the MIA list with Bill!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home