JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I GOT IT!

Sorry Ive been MIA. Just super duper busy.

I started my new job on Sunday schmoozing clients at the "Taste of the Town" Symphony Benefit in Temple, TX. Then I was a part of our kickoff at the Killeen Cultural Center, as we donated a large sum to a local children's charity. I got to meet the mayors of both cities and interact with all the nice folks in the community. Those of you who know me will understand that I was in heaven.

I am an Account Executive for a company called Clearwire. www.clearwire.com

I am busy helping my General Manager get ready to launch our operation in Waco. So far, I am the only person besides a technician who is hired in Waco. I am having a blast. Basically, I sell wireless broadband internet service. I can sit in my car (or theoretically drive, if that were safe) and surf the internet with my laptop. No wires. The technology amazing. I just cant say enough about the folks I am working alongside.

While in Temple, I met people from all the other markets that have launched, including Duluth, MN; Jacksonville, FL; Midland/Odessa, TX and Abilene, TX. We are about to launch Anchorage, AK and Redding, CA. We concentrate on smaller markets where broadband, DSL and cable internet access are not easily accessible or affordable.

I am working on my own laptop. I have a new cell phone. I am working out of the house part of the time, as our local retail store is not even built yet. The rest of the time I am out in the field, making contact with community leaders or training on the product with the team in Temple and Killeen, which is about 30-45 miles away. (Ft Hood is in Killeen).

Anyway, I am putting in some serious hours~waking up early and staying up late.

Take a look at the company website. Im glad I waited for the right opportunity to come along. I feel like I belong here. Its a nice change for me.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    I'm glad you're having a great time with it, Jenn, and all the gizmos sound super-duper cool. You're right, too, wireless internet is the wave of the future, and I've read plenty of testimonials from bloggers and workers who love to work from Starbucks or even Krystals, for goodness' sake, utilizing the service.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Congrats, Jenn! Now, the most important question - did you get a pre-employment agreement for Christmas??? :)

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats to ya!! Hope all is well...

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    Congratulations Jenn! that is fantastic!

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    You're MIA again! How's the job??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home