JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Back to Normal

Well, its been three weeks since Dad's funeral, and for the most part I feel back to myself.

I got back home from Nashville on Sunday night after much hullabaloo. I was bumped from 5 different flights from the Music City. I was scheduled to leave at 945am and get to Dallas at 2pm Sunday afternoon. Scott and I were going to find an Indian restaurant to enjoy since there aren't any in Waco. At 330pm I was still waiting at the airport, hoping for a layover in either Atlanta or Cincinnati. Finally I was the last person on board a flight to Cinci, with the "promise" of a connecting flight once we landed. I was bumped from 2 other flights and ended up flying to Austin instead. Fortunately I caught Scott before he left for Dallas. Unfortunately, my luggage made it there instead. My dearest brother in law, Jeff is gonna pick it up for me when he flies in on Sunday.

Anyway. I am glad a good portion of drama is behind me. The deposition went well. John tells me I did a good job and hopefully the wreck just be a small footnote in our history. Have I mentioned how much I adore my legal counsel?

It registered 100 degrees here today.

Scott and I went for dinner tonight to celebrate his finishing French. He enjoyed a nice prime rib, while I indulged in a salad and a grape martini. We completed the night by going to see Mr and Mrs Smith.

So there you have it. The Jenn Update for this week. I look forward to Jeff and Rann being here this week. Another taste of home.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I remember everyday that difficult weekend of my mother's funeral. Compounded by it being April Fool's Day weekend. God, the nightmares and dreams I *still* have of it being an elaborate prank. That's not at all fun. I used to enjoy that day, but never again.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Jennifer, as a seasoned traveler, I apologize for never giving you rule #1 in traveling standby.. NEVER EVER check luggage, closely followed by rule #2.. always carry on your luggage whenever possible, even if you are traveling with first class confirmed tickets.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    As for young Jenn of Oxford, I hope someday you can separate the two. Always keep your mom and your memories of her dear; but remember, the date she died or had her funeral was just coincidental. My Dad's only brother died on my dad's birthday in a car accident. My dad refused to celebrate his birthday for years because it brought back such negative memories. But luckily he eventually learned to separate the two. If this unsolicited advice is unwelcomed, my apologies.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Rann said…

    Indian food.. Jeff and I love Indian food, and had some great Indian food in London. So we will be game if you want!!! See ya tomorrow!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Let me guess, you flew Southwest? After all, their ads do say, "Where do you want to go today?", not "You will get there today."

    Dad, but don't forget the Thai in Ballater. It was good, even if I was shaking from the medication! Good times. ;)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Possum said…

    So sorry about your flight problems dear, but what do you expect when you only have to pay $60 for round trip tix? I'll bet it still beats Greyhound!

    How was that movie??? Hot? Good? Rental only???

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Possum,

    You should see the movie. All I can say without givng too much away is that I NEED one of those latex outfits that Angelina Jolie wears to one of her hits. Im digging the purse too, for that matter. Of course, Im twice the size of Ms Jolie, so perhaps I should ask for two of them.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rann - thanks for the advice. Unsolicited advice is the best because it's easier to ignore. :-) My mom was a prankster, so April Fool's Day will never be the same. I've tried enjoying, I just doubt I will again.

    "Young" Jenn of Oxford (thanks again!)

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    i guess i just like taking chances and breaking rules.

    at least i dont mind paying the price.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    i'm glad the deposition went well jenn. i hope it'll all be behind you soon & only good things are ahead of you :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home