JingJing's Junket

Does the name make you curious?

Monday, February 21, 2005

Movie Buff

Ok, you guys know me well enough to suspect that I am NOT a moviephile like the rest of my family. Scott and Jeff and Rann could probably sit all day and give Harry Knowles a run for his money on his world famous, "Butt-Numba-Thons". . . I havent the patience. No doubt, I enjoy the occaisional movie. . .A lighthearted romp. . . a tear jerker from time to time. I like an action flick where the bad guys get their asses kicked. I like it when there is no question who the good guy is. What happened to good old fashioned movies?

Im sure this query has been posted before, but I'm not sure if it is for the sames reasons as I write tonight. I heard that movie announcer voice earlier this evening. . . .You know the one. You have all heard him before. It seems like he is contracted to do the voiced-overs for all the sucky movies. I dont remember that guy ever being used for new classics such as, "The Godfather", "The English Patient", or "LA Confidential". Instead he is spending his time with quality films like, "Beethoven VI", "Gigli" and now the pending blockbuster, "Man of the House" The moment I heard Mr Voice say, "When five cheerleaders are the only witness to a murder. . . . . . .," I knew. I just knew. Im gonna just have to wait for Jeff to see it. . and read his review.

Affirm me.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Scott Rushing said…

    When Five Cheerleaders are the only witnesses to a murder, HE's the only man who can do the job...cut to Tommy Lee Jones and Cedric the Entertainer...LOL. that's gonna be one of the worst movies ever, right up there with Goin' Fishin and Dracula: Dead and Loving It. hahaha

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger stacy said…

    Hey Jenn!!! I didn't even know there were comments til you left me one! I completely had the same reaction to that movie promo by the way! Poor Tommy Lee Jones.....

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    The only way I'm going to watch this movie is on DVD. In the dark. Alone.

    Perhaps I've said too much already.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home